Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bad Argument

Over time, people do discuss topics of controversy and voice their opinions on it. Gay marriage has happened to come up a couple days ago for me and one person made an argument that gay marriage shouldn’t be allowed on the basis that homosexual men can get AIDS. While this a laughable argument against gay marriage, I had to ask myself, what is the worst argument I have heard?

Two days to think of the worst argument I’ve heard, I honestly couldn’t think of any worse than the very argument against gay marriage so recently told. I’ve heard bad arguments before, some arguments themselves seem to be common, just simply in another situation. “This or that shouldn‘t be allowed as it will cause something unrelated to happen.” comes to mind quickly for me.

Despite the amusing argument that gay marriage shouldn’t be allowed as homosexual men can get AIDS, I find it difficult to not shake my head at such an argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment