Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Soon Public Holiday

Two more weeks until it is the Day of the Dead. I cannot wait for it despite it being on a Tuesday. Why I cannot wait for it? It is a public holiday that day, not because it is the Day of the Dead but thanks to Melbourne Cup Day. I love Melbourne Cup Day not due to the horse racing and dressing up as it is about, simply for the fact that Melbourne Cup Day itself is a public holiday within the Melbourne area and it is always on the first Tuesday of November.

Since Day of the Dead and Melbourne Cup Day is occurring on the same day I ought to celebrate, though I would be only celebrating Day of the Dead. It is traditional to give flowers (yay for many flowers popping up this time of year), especially marigolds, as gifts to the dead on Day of the Dead. Around here one would be lucky to find marigold flowers being sold. Only if those marigold seeds I planted were soon flowering marigold plants, either that or those seedlings grow and flower pretty damn fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment