Sunday, September 16, 2012

Innocence of Muslims Sydney Protest


With the protests against the movie Innocence of Muslims going, I was shocked by the protest in Sydney for it. I honestly wasn’t surprised it was within Australia considering that many people who practice Islam have immigrated to this country, yet it was another thing to see the signs that was shown during the protest. The most abundant sign seems to have been that said, “BEHEAD ALL THOSE WHO INSULT THE PROPHET”. Other signs include sayings such as “BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT ISLAM”, “SHARIAH WILL DOMINATE THE WORLD!!!” and “OBAMA OBAMA WE LOVE OSAMA!!!”

The craziest thing I have heard someone claim directly to my very face is that women should be legally allowed to rape and murder men, but this has to be a first for me seeing someone claiming though a sign in a protest (within Australia) that freedom of speech should be limited in some form. Even the person who made that claim about how women should have certain legal rights allowed me to have the right to speak out against his disgraceful beliefs.

Everyone should have the right to insult Mohammad and Islam regardless of who they are. People can insult any other religion and its founder(s) but why not Islam? There is nothing special about Islam or Mohammad that requires anyone to give either this religion or its founder special treatment. Surely if I insult Islam and Mohammad cruelly throughout my life until my death, punishment of Hell would occur to me if God exists.

As far as I am personally concerned, the poor excuses of protestors have earned plenty of criticism and deserve plenty more. They are pathetic and giving many people reason to discriminate against Muslims and those whom are stereotypically Muslim. Congratulations to those people, as it are such people who are causing innocents to be punished with discrimination.  It makes Islam look “great”, doesn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment